windfarmImage: Leena Kent

Complaints Procedure

We welcome your feedback to help us provide the best service possible, you can do this by speaking to any of our staff or by contacting us using the online form.

We recognise that on occasions you may feel that you wish to make a complaint about the care you have received, you can do so in the following ways.

How to Complain

You can complain in writing, by email, letter or by using our contact form or by speaking to a member of staff. You should make your complaint within 12 months of the incident or within 12 months of the matter coming to your attention. This time limit can sometimes be extended if it is still possible to investigate your complaint.

Who can complain?

Anyone can complain, including young people, a family member, carer, friend or your local MP can complain on your behalf with your permission. If your complaint is on behalf of another consent of the patient will be required.

What can I expect if I complain?

We will:

  • acknowledge your complaint and investigate it properly
  • keep you informed of progress and tell you the outcome
  • treat you fairly, politely and with respect
  • reassure you that your care and treatment will not be affected as a result of making a complaint
  • offer you the opportunity to discuss the complaint with an appropriate manager
  • take appropriate action following your complaint

Who can help with your complaint?

South East Complaints Hub

If you have a concern or complaint about a GP or the practice, you can ask South East Complaints Hub to oversee the management of the complaints process.

Visit the Frimley ICB website


Healthwatch is an independent organisation who will listen to your views and share them with those with the power to make local services better.

You can visit their website by clicking here or call 03000 68 3000 to find details of your local branch.

The Advocacy People

The Advocacy People are an Independent Advocacy Service who are available to support you and represent your views when making a complaint – they can accompany you to meetings to discuss your complaint and provide support or an interpreter.

Learn how to contact The Advocacy People

If you remain dissatisfied with the response from the practice (or NHS England where your complaint was investigated by them) then you have the right to refer your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman. They would require a clear statement of what issues remain outstanding.

Learn how to contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman


Invicta Health Head Office
Corporate Service
Birchington Medical Centre
Kent, CT7 9HQ

Tel: 0800 242 5199 or 01227 470057

Registered address: Camburgh House, 27 New Dover Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3DN